On 15th August, the Independence Day has been celebrated in all over the India. It is the day when the provisions of the 1947 Indian Independence Act, which transferred legislative sovereignty to the Indian Constituent Assembly, came into effect. This special event occur on 15th August 1947 and from that day, every year there will be a national holiday and we celebrate this day.
Here are some famous Quotes for Independence Day.
- “May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our country!” – Sardar Bhagat Singh
- “Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
- One individual may die for an ideas, but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives -Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- If yet your blood does not rage, then it is water that flows in your veins. For what is the flush of youth, if it is not of service to the motherland. – Chandra Shekhar Azad
- Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living? – Mahatma Gandhi.
- May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our country! – Sardar Bhagat Singh
- “Vande Mataram” – Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
- “Jai Jawaan, Jai Kisaan” – Lal Bahadur Shastri
- ‘Do or die’ (Karo Ya Maro) – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Dushman ki goliyon ka hum samna karenge, Azad hee rahein hain, Azad hee rahenge” – Chandra Shekhar Azad
- “Simon Commission Go back” – Lala Lajpat Rai
- Sampoorna Kranti (Total revolution) – Jai Prakash Narayan
- “Maro Firango ko” – Mangal Pandey
- “Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna, Ab hamare dil mein hai” – Ramprasad Bismil
- “Tum mujhe khoon do, main tumhe aazadi dunga” – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- “Swaraj Mera Janamsiddh adhikar hai, aur main ise lekar rahunga” – adopted by Bal Gangadhar Tilak