2019, October 11 will be seen and celebrated as International Girl Child Day.
This is the day we celebrate for girls and let them know that we support their voice; we will let them stand up for their rights; they are as equal as men, so the theme for this year is “GIRLS FORCE: UNSCRIPTED AND UNSTOPPABLE.”
UNICEF (the child rights body) tweeted, “Brave, Powerful, Bold, Innovative, Resilient, Courageous, Strong, Unscripted, Unstoppable. Girls can do any – and everything! Let’s tear down all barriers and lift them. Let’s step aside and let girls lead.”
International Girl Child Day previous themes
- 2012- Ending child marriage
- 2013- Innovating from girls
- 2014 – Empowering adolescent girls: Ending the cycle of violence
- 2015- The power of adolescent girl: Vision for 2030
- 2016- Girl Progress = Goals’ progress: What counts for girls
- 2017- Empower girls: Before, during and after crises
- 2018- With her: A skilled girl force
International Girl Child Day Quotes
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” – Amelia Earhart
- If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion.” – Oprah.
- If you are always trying to be normal, you’ll never know how amazing you can be.” – Maya Angelou
- And though she be but little, she is fierce.” – William Shakespeare
Why is International girl child day celebrated?
There are many different reasons for celebrating this day. Some of those reasons are to show respect to the girls, made them feel comfortable, to show them that they are equal to men, to help them to raise their voice, to raise voice against girl child violence, to provide food, education and other cares for girls, to stop girl child marriage, .etc