The television anime adaptation of Sarasa Nagase’s I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss (Akuyaku Reij Nanode Last Boss o Katte Mimashita) light novels will start streaming on September 24 at 7:00 p.m. IST, according to an announcement made on Thursday by Hong Kong content distributor MediaLink Entertainment Limited’s Ani-One YouTube channel. Every Saturday at 7:30 PM IST, it will broadcast an episode of the anime.
The anime will also be shown in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam in addition to India and Hong Kong.
According to Ani-One, the anime is:
Details of this young noblewoman’s prior life flash back as Aileen’s engagement to Prince Cedric abruptly ends. Aileen becomes aware that she is currently residing in the villainous character’s realm from one of her favorite otome games! Aileen concludes that falling in love with the last boss Claude is the greatest strategy since she is determined not to be murdered or tormented. After all, would a collaboration between the villainous character and the antagonist prevent a catastrophe?
On October 1 on Tokyo MX and MBS, on October 5 on WOWOW, October 6 on AT-X, and on October 7 on BS-TBS, the anime will have its Japanese television debut.
The opening theme song will be sung by Rie Takahashi, who portrays the lead character Aileen “Sarenakute Kyokan Ii Janai. The last theme song, “Nomick,” will be sung by ACCAMER. “Included in the cast are :
- Rie Takahashi as Aileen Lauren Dautriche (Yen Press spells the name as Aileen Lauren d’Autriche)
- Yuichiro Umehara as Claude Jeanne Elmir (Yen Press spells the name as Claude Jean Ellmeyer)
- Toshiki Masuda as Cedric Jeanne Elmir (Yen Press spells the name as Cedric Jean Ellmeyer)
- Jun Fukuyama as Keith Eigrid
- Yūki Ono as Belzebuth (Yen Press spells the name as Beelzebuth)
- Kana Hanazawa as Lilia Rainworth (Yen Press spells the name as Lilia Reinoise)
- Tomokazu Sugita as Almond
- Yūma Uchida as Isaac Lombard
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Jasper Varie
- Takuto Yoshinaga as Doni (Yen Press spells the name as Denis)
- Shin’ichirō Kamio as Ruck (Yen Press spells the name as Luc)
- Yū Miyazaki as Quartz
The anime is being directed by Kumiko Habara at Maho Film (both seasons of I’m Standing on 1,000,000 Lives). The series scripts are being written by Kenta Ihara, who is also responsible for Tomodachi Game, Vinland Saga, and Saga of Tanya the Evil. The character designers are Yko Ba, Momoko Makiuchi, and Eri Kojima. The soundtrack is being written by Natsumi Tabuchi, Kanade Sakuma, Hanae Nakamura, Miki Sakurai, and Sayaka Aoki.
Both the books and the manga adaptation have been licensed by Yen Press.