Netflix unveiled a list of 21 live-action movies and TV shows that were either made in Japan or were based on Japanese works before its Netflix Tudum Japan streaming event on Sunday. the works The Makanai: Cooking for the Maiko House and Burn the House Down are included in the video with fresh footage.
The works that have already been announced are highlighted in the video:
- the second season of the anime adaptation of the Alice in Borderland manga by Haro Aso, which will make its debut in December.
- The live-action television version of Aiko Koyama’s Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san (Makanai in the Maiko Lodge) manga, The Makanai: Cooking for the Maiko House, will now premiere on January 12, 2023. (the series was previously slated to debut this year).
- The 2023 premiere of Karuho Shiina’s Kimi ni Todoke – From Me to You live-action adaption.
- In 2023, the live-action television series based on Moyashi Fujisawa’s manga Burn the House Down will premiere.
- Yu Yu Hakusho: The Live-Action Series, directed by Yoshihiro Togashi, will premiere in December 2023.
- On February 23, 2023, Call Me Chihiro, a live-action movie based on Hiroyuki Yasuda’s Chihiro-san manga, will premiere.
- The 2023 release of the live-action movie version of the manga Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead (Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru Made ni Shitai 100 no Koto) by Haro Aso and Kotaro Takata.
- The documentary on singer LiSA, titled LiSA Another Great Day, will air on October 18.
- one Piece, a live-action television series based on the manga by Eiichiro Oda.
The video also gives a sneak peek at the First Love Hatsukoi series, which is based on the two songs of the same name by Hikaru Utada. On November 24, the show will become live on Netflix internationally.