Your name’s Indian debut will be shown during the Japanese Film Festival India (JFF), according to information posted on the festival’s official Facebook page on Tuesday.
On November 4 at 7:30 p.m. IST in Delhi, the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra and the band RADWIMPS will perform an orchestra concert.
In the festival’s Delhi leg, the following films will be shown:
- The anime movie Weathering With You by Makoto Shinkai will be shown on November 5 at 1pm IST.
- On November 5 at 1:30 p.m. IST, see the anime film 5 Centimeters Per Second by Makoto Shinkai.
- November 5 @ 3:00 PM: Orchestra Concert IST.
- The Garden of Words, a book by Makoto Shinkai 5:00 p.m. on November 5th, an anime movie. IST.
- You are known as Makoto Shinkai.
- at 11:00 a.m. on November 6, an anime film. IST.
- The Place Promised in Our Early Days, an anime film by Makoto Shinkai, will be shown on November 6 at 1:30 IST.
- The anime film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below by Makoto Shinkai will be shown on November 6 at 6:30 IST.
RADWIMPS’ Forever in a Daze Tour 2021–2022, which will be shown during the festival.
On Thursday, PVR Cinemas’ website opened for ticket sales for the event. The event will run from November 4 to December 11 at PVR Cinemas locations around India.
There will be a festival in:
- Delhi from November 4-6
- Mumbai from November 11-13
- Chennai from November 25-27
- Bengaluru from December 9-11
After canceling its earlier physical events in Delhi and Bengaluru, the festival exhibited the anime films Ramayana: The Legend of Prince Rama, Josee, The Tiger and the Fish, and Poupelle of Chimney Town in Delhi earlier this year. Patema Inverted and Time of Eve were two anime movies that the JFF aired as part of their online festival in India from February 14–27.
The Japanese Film Festival (JFF) is held yearly in important cities around India by the Japan Foundation. In Kolkata, Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi, Gurugram, Chennai, and Guwahati, the Foundation served as the event’s host. Children of the Sea, Garden of Words Your Name, Weathering With You, Lu Over the Wall, and the live-action Tokyo Ghoul were among the movies shown at the JFF in 2019.
In 1994, the Japan Foundation opened a branch for South Asia in New Delhi. The Foundation encourages the study of Japanese overseas as well as cross-cultural and academic cooperation.