The television anime based on Tite Kubo’s Bleach manga’s “Thousand Year Blood War” arc, Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War, debuted a new brief trailer on Saturday during the Aniplex Online Fest 2022 event.
There will be pauses in between each of the anime’s four courses. At 0:00 on October 10, the program will debut (effectively, October 11 at midnight).
On October 8 at New York Comic Con, Viz Media will host the North American debut. The anime “simulcast” will come after the premiere event, according to NYCC.
The remainder of the manga’s original story will be covered by the anime, including its conclusion.
Noriyuki Abe has been replaced as the anime’s director at Studio Pierrot by Tomohisa Taguchi (Twin Star Exorcists, Kino’s Journey: The Beautiful World, Akudama Drive). Masashi Kudo is back as the character designer, while Shiro Sagisu is back as the music director.
Cast members are:
- Masakazu Morita as Ichigo Kurosaki
- Fumiko Orikasa as Rukia Kuchiki
- Noriaki Sugiyama as Uryū Ishida
- Yuki Matsuoka as Orihime Inoue
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Yasutora Sado
- Kentaro Ito as Renji Abarai
- Shinichiro Miki as Kisuke Urahara
- Satsuki Yukino as Yoruichi Shihōin
- Binbin Takaoka (replacing Masaaki Tsukada) as Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto
- Houko Kuwashima as Suì-Fēng
- Shouto Kashii as Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi
- Aya Hisakawa as Retsu Unohana
- Masaya Onosaka as Shinji Hirako
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Byakuya Kuchiki
- Tetsu Inada as Sajin Komamura
- Akio Ohtsuka as Shunsui Kyōraku
- Tomokazu Sugita as Kensei Muguruma
- Romi Park as Tōshirō Hitsugaya
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Kenpachi Zaraki
- Ryusei Nakao as Mayuri Kurotsuchi
- Hideo Ishikawa as Jūshirō Ukitake
- Naomi Kusumi as Ichibē Hyōsube
- Yōji Ueda as Ōetsu Mimaiya
- Tomoyuki Shimura as Tenjirō Kirinji
- Rina Satou as Senjumaru Shutara
- Ayumi Tsunematsu as Kirio Hikifune
- Takayuki Sugo as Yhwach
- Yuichiro Umehara as Jugram Haschwalth
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Askin Nakk Le Vaar
- Ayana Taketatsu as Bambietta Basterbine
- Yūki Ono as Bazz-B
- Yumi Uchiyama as Candice Catnipp
- Natsuki Hanae as Gremmy Thoumeaux
- Satoshi Hino as Lille Barro
- Wataru Hatano as Hidetomo Kajōmaru
- KENN as Berenice Gabrielli
- Takahiro Fujiwara as Jerome Guizbatt
- Wataru Komada as Asguiaro Ebern
- Daiki Hamano as Luders Friegen
The opening theme song “Scar,” sung by Tatsuya Kitani, and the closing theme song “Saihate,” sung by SennaRin, respectively, were performed as theme and image songs for the “Bleach Ex” exhibition (The Farthest Reaches).
The cast of the program also includes actors who haven’t been in the anime but are repeating their roles from the video game Bleach: Brave Souls.
The Thousand Year Blood War arc, which spans volumes 55 to 74, is the manga’s concluding arc.
In August 2016, Kubo announced the conclusion of Bleach, which he had begun in Weekly Shonen Jump in 2001.
As Shueisha released new chapters in Japan, Viz Media released the manga digitally in North America in English.
The manga was also printed by Viz Media. 130 million copies of the manga are in use.
From 2004 through 2012, a 366-episode television anime series based on the manga was produced. The rights to the anime were purchased by Viz Media in 2006 for broadcast and home video. In the same year, Adult Swim on Cartoon Network hosted the series’ English dub debut. By 2014, all of the episodes had been shown. Four further movies and two OVAs are part of the anime franchise.
Video games, books, stage plays, and a live-action movie that debuted in July 2018 are other works of art that were influenced by the brand.