GrimGrimoire OnceMore, a PlayStation 4 and Switch remake of Vanillware’s GrimGrimoire PlayStation 2 title, will be released in the West for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Switch next spring, according to a NIS America announcement made on Wednesday.
A game trailer is live on NIS America’s website.
The first PS5 version of the game will be released by NIS America and have both English and Japanese audio. (In Japan, the PS5 version wasn’t released.) An art book, a soundtrack, a cloth poster, acrylic stands, keychains, art cards, and a collector’s box are all included in the deluxe version of the game being released by NIS America.
The game has been enhanced, according to NIS America:
The timeless PS2 strategy adventure from Vanillaware is brought into the present with GrimGrimoire OnceMore! Join aspiring magician Lillet Blan as she embarks on her voyage at Silver Star Tower and uses her innate magical prowess to uncover the tower’s mysteries and save her allies from the horrors that lurk inside while also eradicating the secrets!
On July 28, the game was released in Japan.
The cast includes:
- Iori Saeki as Lillet Blan
- Naoya Miyase as Bartido Ballentyne
- Miharu Hanai as Margarita Surprise
- Ryūnosuke Watanuki as Surley
- Yuta Aoki as Hiram Menthe
- Miho Morisaki as Amoretta Virgine
- Teruo Seki as Gammel Dore
- Hiromichi Tezuka as Advocat
- Akari Kageyama as Opalnaria Rain
- Kazuyoshi Hayashi as Chartruese Grande
- Michitake Kikuchi as Calvaros
- Wakana Maruoka as Lujei Piche
- Eriko Matsui as Gaff
The 2D real-time strategy game will be remastered with enhanced high-resolution graphics, fresh voice acting, and fresh content including “Great Magic” and “Skill Trees.” New fast-forward and in-battle save options, as well as a new hard difficulty, will be available.
In Japan and the West, the original PS2 game debuted in 2007.