The Play It Cool, Guys (Cool Doji Danshi) television anime’s official website debuted the entire promotional video and visuals for the show on Wednesday. The opening theme music, “Seishun Kippu” (Youth Ticket) by Mafumafu, as well as further cast and crew information and the anime’s October 10 release are all revealed in the video.
The new cast members include:
- Satomi Satou as Asami Futami, Shun’s sister
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Shiki Sōta, Sōma’s brother
- Taku Yashiro as Kurosaki, Hayate’s friend
- Kengo Takanashi as Akai, Shun’s friend
- Seiichirō Yamashita as Kida
- Kōhei Amasaki as Aoyama
- Haruka Shiraishi as Momo Momosaki
- Yō Taichi as Akane Kōno, Sōma’s friend
The new staff include:
- Key Animator: Momoko Nagakawa
- Art Director: Mio Isshiki (Studio Wyeth)
- Color Setting: Mayumi Nagashima
- Director of Photography: Naoki Etō (EXPLOSION)
- Offlne Editing: Honami Yamagishi (REAL-T inc.)
- Online Editing: Good-Job Tokyo
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound Production: Magic Capsule
On October 10, on AT-X, on October 11, and on BS11, the anime will make its television debut.
The anime stars:
- Chiaki Kobayashi as Hayate Ichihara
- Kouki Uchiyama as Shun Futami
- Yuichiro Umehara as Takayuki Mima
- Shōya Chiba as Sōma Shiki
(Pretty Guardian) Chiaki Kon Pretty Guardian from Season Three of Sailor Moon Crystal The anime is being directed by Studio Pierrot (Sailor Moon Eternal, The Way of the Househusband, Junj Romantica). The series scripts are being overseen by Makoto Uezu (Assassination Classroom, Yuki Yuna Is a Hero, Space Brothers), and Airi Taguchi (key animation for Children of the Sea, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? second season), who also serves as chief animation director, is in charge of character design. The soundtrack was written by Masato Nakayama (B-PROJECT, We Never Learn: BOKUBEN, You and Me.).
The manga is being published by Yen Press in full colour, just like it was in Japan. According to the business, the following is how the tale is told:
We now have a group of hip men who appear to have some serious swag. Realistically, though, it isn’t who they really are. They are simply a group of goofballs who are excellent actors. In order to enjoy watching a group of silly men attempt to seem cool throughout the day, settle back, get some popcorn, and enjoy. In the entertaining anthology Play It Cool, Guys, guys who are both cool and hilariously goofy are featured.
The comic by Nata first appeared on the Gangan Pixiv website in June 2019 and is still available today. In November, Square Enix released the fourth volume. The manga was listed as having the 16th most female readers in Takarajimasha’s Kono Manga ga Sugoi! (This Manga Is Amazing!) guidebook for 2020. Also in 2019, the manga finished sixth in the “Web Manga General Election” held by pixiv and Nippon Shuppan Hanbai, Inc.